It’s no secret that the holiday season is even more enjoyable with a hot cup of wellness between your palms or a refreshing, botanical cocktail to sip on in front of the fireplace. That’s why we put together these six different drink recipes for you, complete with each of our full spectrum bitters.
Hand-crafted in the beautiful Pacific NW, our botanical bitters are created with special attention to flavor, therapeutic benefit, and botanical purity. Each bottle is full-spectrum, whole-plant, non-GMO, vegan, made in the USA, and more.
Not to mention, each bottle is suffused with 75 mg of CBD. Our bitters support digestion with Ayurvedic herbs while also offering anti-inflammatory and mood supporting benefits found in CBD.
These drinks are especially supportive before a meal, but their healing properties make them a great treat any time of day. We hope you enjoy!
PS – If you’re looking to try out our bitters and a few of these delicious drinks without going all out, consider treating yourself or a loved one with our Bitters Sampler kit that includes three bottles of zSpice, zRose, and zJoy bitters.
Now to the drinks!
- 1 cup of coffee
- 1 heaping tsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp ashwagandha powder
- 1/2 tsp organic cane sugar or honey
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½-1 dropper full of zJOY Bitters
- Brew one cup of coffee
- Add remaining ingredients to your cup of coffee, giving it a good stir.
- Optional add-ins: milk and/or ½-1 tsp of ghee or coconut oil
Cozy Chai Comfort
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 2 cloves
- 1 inch fresh ginger (peeled and chopped) **
- ½-1 dropper full of zSPICE Bitters
- Place all ingredients except cardamom and almond milk in a saucepan on medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir in spices until they are well dissolved.
- Boil until water has reduced by about half the volume.
- Add in milk and lower heat to low-medium. Continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in cardamom powder, and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Remove the cloves and discard.
Cardamom & Rose Romance Cocktail
- 2 oz Hendrick’s Gin
- 1 oz grapefruit juice
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 oz honey or maple syrup
- 1 cardamom pod
- ½-1 dropper full of zLOVE Bitters
- Put the cardamom pod in a glass or cocktail shaker and gently muddle, or crush, it. Give it just enough pressure to crack the pod and a few of the inner seeds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and then stir well (if using a glass) or shake well (if using a cocktail shaker) with ice.
- Strain over ice into an old fashioned glass.
- Optional: garnish with a rose petal.
Warming Wellness Tea
- 2 cups water, or as desired
- 4 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 whole star anise pod
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½-1 dropper full of zLIFT Bitters
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add ginger, star anise, cardamom pods, and cinnamon stick. Zest lemons over the saucepan. Slice lemons in half and squeeze juice into the water. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until desired flavor is reached, 5 to 15 minutes.
- Stir honey into tea and strain tea into mugs.
- Add contents in strainer back into the saucepan for later use, if desired.
Lavender Bee’s Knees Cocktail
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp dried lavender flowers (If you’re using fresh lavender flowers, increase the amount to 3 tsp per 1/4 cup honey)
- 2 oz Plymouth gin
- 3/4 oz honey syrup
- 3/4 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2-1 dropper full of zCHILL Bitters
- Place 2 tsp dried lavender flowers in a small saucepan
- Add honey and water to the pan and heat gently on low, stirring occasionally until the honey and water are evenly mixed, about 10 minutes.
- The syrup can be used immediately or stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Add all of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice
- Shake vigorously and strain into a cup
- Garnish with a lemon twist
Blissful & Warming Old-Fashioned
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1/2-1 dropper full of zBLISS Bitters
- Splash of club soda
- Orange slice
- 2 oz rye whiskey (leave out for a delicious mocktail)
- Add honey to a short glass
- Add three drops of zBLISS Bitters
- Add the orange slice and splash of soda and muddle thoroughly.
- Add the rye and finish it off with warm-hot water.
- Option: add orange slice to the rim of glass.